Tom Szabo has 30 years of experience in manufacturing. His history includes Engineering, Product Design, Manufacturing operations and Sales. His corporate career includes positions as Plant Manager, Operations Manager, Owner of Manufacturers representative agency, Conducted manufacturing business assessments and negotiated professional consulting services.
After being downsized from a successful career, Tom began turning his hobbies into businesses. In 1999 he opened A Thomas Image a photography studio in Concord Township, Ohio. January, 2016 A Thomas Image re-branded and the name was changed to tom-szabo.com.
Today Tom Szabo’s company has 4 strategic business units based on his hobbies/passions:
Elegant Flights – Bottle shaped liquor sampling trays from select hardwoods including 4 sampling glasses. Each kit is handmade and hand finished.
Home Town Notecards – Blank notecards allow you to express yourself in a way only you can. The cards feature photos of iconic local points of interest photographed by Tom. The cards are made by him and come with matching envelopes.
Ocean Sands Jewelry – As a scuba diver, Tom got interested in finding fossilized shark and megalodon teeth and other fossilized materials off the gulf coast of Florida. These specimen materials are the basis for his jewelry. In his studio he cuts, grinds, polishes, mounts his specimens turning them into necklaces, bracelets, earrings and makes them available for sale.
Photography – Since 1999, the photography studio has provided aerial, commercial, portrait and underwater photography services.
Scuba Instructor – In October, 2000, Tom became certified a scuba instructor. He worked in the scuba industry for over 7 years. Scuba diving has given Tom the opportunity to travel the world, diving is some of the worlds best and not-so-best locations. His diving has taken him to such destinations as Bahamas, Bonaire, Canada, Curacao, Florida, Hawaii, Roatan, Tahiti and Truk Lagoon. Tom enjoys sharing his dive skills with student divers, helping them enjoy the underwater world.
Here are a few highlights of Tom’s career:
- 2002 – Authored a PADI (Professional Association of Dive Instructors) distinctive specialty for Underwater Point-N-Shoot photography certification. Tom also teaches two PADI underwater photography specialties.
- 2006 – Sport Diver magazine published his image titled “Superior Producer”. In addition portions of his article were included in the June edition.
- 2008 – Northeast Dive News publishes article “Curacao – Blennies To Bling” and accompanying photographs
- 2008 – Awarded the Lake Communicators Silver APEX Award in the Editorial Writing category for his 2008 Northeast Dive News article “Curacao – Blennies To Bling Bling” and accompanying photographs
- 2014 – Awarded the Lake Communicators Gold Apex Award for a photo campaign completed for a wooden sunglass manufacturer.
Tom’s products are available through the on line “Store”. There you can find more detailed information and make your purchase.
Tom serves or has served on boards for: Maritime Archeological Survey Team (MAST), Eastern Lake County Chamber of Commerce, and Lake Communicators. He lives with his wife Diane in Concord Township, Ohio.